A key part of any PM interview is the product question. It is designed to test how good you are at thinking of, prioritizing, and designing features.
They normally go like this – “What’s your favorite website and what features would you add to it”, “Compare two apps in the same domain and see which is better”, “How would you make a better Coffee Maker?”
You can crack these questions easily, by following one basic structured approach:
– Just don’t immediately start answering the question. Take your time to understand what is told
– Start with the End Customer first. Figure out who are the End Customers?
– Then Explain what all different types of customers can be for Your Product?
– Then Tell the Use Cases of each type of Customer. Means why they will use the Product and in which way
– Figure out the Obvious Weakspots.
– Then You need to define what is the User Persona and how the product is built and whether it if the product can be improved so that the User Efficiency will improve
– Lastly, describe the Product Strategy on How to Further Build these features and Market them in a way which will get those additional Users / More Revenue